NetGalley seeking a proactive, enthusiastic part-time Communications Assistant!
Are you passionate about the book publishing industry? Goal oriented, and strategy-driven? NetGalley is looking for a part-time Communications Assistant to maintain important client-facing communications and brand strategy. Find out more about NetGalley at www.netgalley.com.
This role will assist the International Account Director, and also provide assistance with client-relationship building as assigned.
The ideal candidate is a publishing-industry insider with marketing or publicity experience, or B2B brand marketing professional, with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Candidate is enthusiastic, professional, extremely organized, and highly detail-oriented; and is adept at prioritization, and juggling multiple tasks.
The perfect candidate will have a knack for creating public-facing content and be comfortable representing the company’s voice and values online, and potentially in-person. Excellent writing skills and tone are a must—friendly, informative, confident, expert. The perfect candidate is a motivated self-starter, in addition.
Familiarity with NetGalley, and the publishing industry is strongly preferred; otherwise, hands-on experience working in a marketing or publicity capacity in any B2B industry is expected.
The NetGalley team is virtual, but we work on an East Coast schedule and many of us are based around NYC. Specific hours will be set when an offer is made, but they will be between 9am-5pm EST, Monday-Friday. This employee will need a home office and to be able to work very effectively in an independent setting. There will be occasional travel to team meetings.
We’re looking for someone available to start immediately, and work 20 hours a week.
You must be:
- A friendly and professional people-person
- Able to write well and quickly, especially: engaging professional marketing and publicity tips, detailed announcements about the NetGalley service, and how-to documents
- Interested to learn and grow by attending professional development events for marketers and publicists, and staying on top of trends and services in the publishing industry
- Consistent at meeting deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Able to work and manage your time independently
- Comfortable working with a virtual team
- Publishing or other book-industry background or education, or brand marketing experience
- A big fan of reading digitally and interest in the overall book publishing industry
- Experience using cloud-based project- and client-management services like Smartsheet and Confluence
- Basic familiarity with the NetGalley site and concept
Ability to work remotely from your home office, while gaining invaluable insight into the book publishing industry, specifically fostering client relationships tied to this data- and results-driven market. Plus, you will work with a group of truly amazing and creative people!
How to apply:
Please use this online form to submit your resume, cover letter (brief introduction and how you fit into the description above), and writing sample. Writing sample should be informational in nature, and preferably demonstrating a B2B audience. We look forward to hearing from you!
NetGalley (www.netgalley.com) is an industry-standard service to help readers of influence discover and recommend new books to their audiences. NetGalley delivers secure, digital galleys to professional readers on behalf of over 300 publishers in North America, Australia, the UK, France, Germany and Japan, to help promote and market new books. NetGalley is part of Firebrand Technologies (www.firebrandtech.com) which provides leading software and services to help publishers achieve success.