NetGalley Seeking Full-Time Customer Service & Community Assistant
Are you passionate about interacting with a community of book advocates and helping to build pre-publication buzz for new books? NetGalley is looking for a full-time Customer Service & Community Assistant to handle online customer support, community moderation, and administrative tasks across two of our platforms (NetGalley.com and BookishFirst.com). This role coordinates with the internal Community Management team.
The NetGalley team works remotely from 9am-5pm Eastern time. This employee will need to be located in the US with a home office and be able to work collaboratively and effectively in an independent setting with virtual communication.
- 2+ years of professional administrative and/or customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong customer service social skills such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Familiarity with NetGalley is strongly preferred.
- Experience moderating social or online communities.
Attributes of Ideal Candidate:
- Enthusiastic and professional, under all circumstances.
- Extremely organized and highly detail-oriented.
- Adept at prioritization, juggling multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- Digital-savvy with an understanding of current reading devices (and always willing to learn).
- Publishing or other book-industry background or education.
- Passionate about providing top-notch customer service and upholding our position in the industry as professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.
- Extra consideration will be given to candidates who have a professional working fluency in Spanish (to handle Spanish-language support and communications with our community).
- Experience using Zendesk or similar customer service software or help desk interface.
How to Apply:
Please use this online form to submit your cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!