NetGalley is looking for a PHP Software Engineer to join our team!
No longer accepting applications
NetGalley is seeking a full-stack PHP developer to immediately join our fully remote development team. Our ideal candidate has experience with modern PHP frameworks, enjoys working in an agile environment, understands the benefits of automated testing, and possesses a positive team-first attitude and an exceptional attention to detail.
In working with us, you will experience cutting edge Symfony development using the latest open source packages to build the best product possible. You will design beautiful front end code using Bootstrap, you will craft bulletproof systems upon a foundation of automated tests, and you will contribute back to the same open source projects that we build upon. You will thrive in our fast-paced agile culture, pushing your own boundaries as you grow as a developer.
We meet virtually throughout the week as we are a remote team, but you will be required to travel three to four times a year. Most of our team meetings are held just outside of Times Square in New York, right in the heart of the US publishing industry.
- 2+ years of professional experience developing with object oriented PHP and SQL
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or strong equivalent experience
- Experience using one or more modern PHP frameworks
- Ability to write strong unit and functional tests and an understanding of test-driven development
- Experienced user of Git source control
- English speaker and strong communicator
Nice to Have
- Experience with Symfony 2
- Experience with Doctrine 2 or a similar ORM framework
- Experience with Bootstrap 3
- Experience designing and using REST APIs
- Experience dealing with large data sets
- Strong Linux experience