NetGalley seeking Bilingual (Spanish) Community Assistant
Are you passionate about interacting with a community of book advocates, and to help build pre-publication buzz for new books? NetGalley is looking for a full-time Bilingual (Spanish) Community Assistant. Find out more about NetGalley at www.netgalley.com.
This position reports to NetGalley’s Community Manager and includes handling social media, content creation, and customer support, as well as assisting with administrative tasks and scheduling.
The ideal candidate has outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; is enthusiastic, professional, extremely organized, and highly detail-oriented; and is adept at prioritization, juggling multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines. Familiarity with NetGalley is strongly preferred; otherwise candidate must be digital-savvy with an understanding of current reading devices (and always willing to learn). A moderate knowledge of the publishing industry and book publicity/marketing is expected, while hands-on experience working in a book marketing position is strongly preferred. The perfect candidate will have a knack for creating public-facing content and be comfortable representing the company’s voice and values online and potentially in-person. The candidate must be bilingual to potentially handle Spanish-language support and communications with our community.
The NetGalley team is virtual, but we work on an East Coast schedule and many of us are based around NYC. This employee will need a home office and to be able to work very effectively in an independent setting. There will be occasional travel to team meetings.
- 2+ years of professional marketing/publicity experience, especially related to books.
- Proficiency with social media platforms, including strong instincts and keen understanding of when and how best to engage with community.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Professional working fluency in Spanish language.
- Successful at identifying potential social campaigns.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Consistent at meeting deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work and manage your time independently.
- Comfortable working with a virtual team.
- A fan of reading digitally and interested in the overall book publishing industry a plus.
- Familiarity with the NetGalley site and concept.
- Publishing or other book-industry background or education.
- Experience using WordPress, Smartsheet, and all social platforms.
- Basic technical skills (HTML and any design experience a plus).
- Medical and dental benefits, as well as paid vacation
- Work from your home office
- Work with a group of truly amazing and creative people!
How to apply:
Please use this online form to submit your cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!