NetGalley seeking part-time enthusiastic, bookish, detail-oriented
Marketing Administrative Assistant
No longer accepting applications
Are you excited to help build pre-publication buzz for new books? NetGalley is looking for a part-time Marketing Administrative Assistant to help facilitate sales and execution of several marketing programs. Find out more about NetGalley at www.netgalley.com.
This position reports to NetGalley’s Community and Marketing Director and has responsibility for selling online ad placements as well as assisting with administrative tasks and scheduling.
The ideal candidate has outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; is enthusiastic, professional, extremely organized, and highly detail-oriented; and is adept at prioritization, juggling multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines. Familiarity with NetGalley is strongly preferred; otherwise candidate must be web-savvy with an understanding of current reading devices (and always willing to learn). A moderate knowledge of the publishing industry and book publicity/marketing is expected, while hands-on experience working in a book marketing position is strongly preferred. The perfect candidate will have a knack for identifying the right category and audience for a book.
The NetGalley team is virtual, but most of our employees and clients are based in the NYC metro area, so working hours for this position are on East Coast time. We’re looking for someone available to start immediately, and work 20 hours a week (to start, with potential for more hours in the future).
This position is entry-level and for “doers” only, but provides a lot of potential to try new tasks, contribute your ideas and make your mark.
You must be:
- A friendly and professional people-person
- A big fan of reading digitally and interested in the overall book publishing industry
- Able to write well and quickly, especially pitches and sales hooks
- Comfortable (and successful) at selling digital advertising
- Consistent at meeting deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Able to work and manage your time independently
- Comfortable working with a virtual team
- Publishing or other book-industry background or education
- Marketing/publicity experience, especially related to books
- Experience using ExactTarget or similar email marketing tools, and Smartsheet
- Basic technical skills (HTML a plus, any design experience a plus)
- Basic familiarity with the NetGalley site and concept
Ability to work remotely from your home office, while gaining invaluable insight into the book publishing industry, specifically marketing and publicity activities as related to digital platforms and pre-release buzz. Plus you will work with a group of truly amazing and creative people!