NetGalley seeking part-time enthusiastic, bookish, detail-oriented Sales Assistant!
Are you excited to help build pre-publication buzz for new books? Are you dedicated to excellent customer service? NetGalley is looking for a part-time Sales Assistant to help facilitate client acquisitions, and assist with general customer support and inquiries. Find out more about NetGalley at www.netgalley.com.
This position reports to NetGalley’s International Account Director and has responsibility for responding to sales and support inquiries, and assisting with administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate has outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; is enthusiastic, professional, extremely organized, and highly detail-oriented; and is adept at prioritization, and juggling multiple tasks. Familiarity with NetGalley is strongly preferred; otherwise candidate must be web-savvy with an understanding of current reading devices (and always willing to learn). A moderate knowledge of the publishing industry and book publicity/marketing is expected, while hands-on experience working in a sales or support capacity in any industry is strongly preferred. The perfect candidate is a motivated self-starter, in addition.
The NetGalley team is virtual, but most of our employees and clients are based in the NYC metro area, so working hours for this position are on East Coast time. We’re looking for someone available to start immediately, and work 20 hours a week (to start, with potential for more hours in the future).
This position is entry-level and for “doers” only, but provides a lot of potential to try new tasks, contribute your ideas and make your mark.
You must be:
- A friendly and professional people-person
- A big fan of reading digitally and interested in the overall book publishing industry
- Able to write well and quickly, especially pitches and sales hooks
- Comfortable (and successful) at selling the NetGalley service
- Consistent at meeting deadlines within a fast-paced environment
- Able to work and manage your time independently
- Comfortable working with a virtual team
- Publishing or other book-industry background or education
- Sales or customer support experience, especially related to books
- Experience using cloud-based project- and client-management services like Smartsheet and Sugar CRM, or similar
- Basic technical skills
- Basic familiarity with the NetGalley site and concept
Ability to work remotely from your home office, while gaining invaluable insight into the book publishing industry, specifically fostering client relationships tied to this data- and results-driven market. Plus, you will work with a group of truly amazing and creative people!
How to apply:
Please use this online form to submit your resume, as well as a cover letter (brief introduction and how you fit into the description above). We look forward to hearing from you!