NetGalley UK Seeking Part-Time Administrative Assistant
No longer accepting applications
Are you passionate about books and the book-publishing industry? Do you thrive under tight deadlines as you work on multiple projects, all the while maintaining a great eye for detail and process? If so, NetGalley could be the place for you. We’re currently looking for a part-time (20 hours per week) Administrative Assistant in the UK – and we’d love to hear from you. Find out more about NetGalley at www.netgalley.co.uk.
Reporting to the UK Assistant Director, your role will be to support all aspects of the UK operation, from assisting clients and generating invoices, to writing marketing copy and managing content on the website. It is a wide-ranging, busy and varied role, perfect for someone who wants to experience more of the publishing world.
The NetGalley team is virtual, with teams in London, the US, France, Germany and Japan. You will therefore need to be able to work collaboratively and effectively in an independent setting using virtual communication. The Assistant Director is based in London, but we encourage applications from anywhere in the UK. Occasional travel to team meetings will also be expected.
We’re looking for someone available to start immediately, and work 20 hours a week (with potential for more hours in the future). This position is entry-level, but provides a lot of potential to try new tasks, contribute your ideas, gain experience and make your mark.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized
- Adept at prioritisation, juggling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Motivated self-starter
- Focused on delivering excellent support across a wide range of tasks
- Background in professional administrative service
Attributes of Ideal Candidate:
- Experience using cloud-based project- and client-management services like Sugar CRM, Smartsheet and Confluence
- Digital-savvy with an understanding of current reading devices (and always willing to learn)
- Publishing or other book-industry background or education
- Passionate about providing leading customer service and upholding our position in the industry as professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable
- Familiarity with NetGalley is strongly preferred
Closing Date: March 31st
Salary: £24,000 per annum, pro-rata
How to Apply:
Please use this online form to submit your cover letter (brief introduction and how you fit into the description above), and CV. We look forward to hearing from you!