The NetGalley team is honored to receive the Platinum Award from LibraryWorks’ second annual Modern Library Awards (MLA’s.)
Did you know that over 26,000 librarians worldwide are using NetGalley (for free) to discover new titles to purchase for their library collection and recommend to their patrons?
As a new or existing NetGalley member, you can:
- Request digital galleys from over 350 publishers which can be read on all major reading devices and tablets. NetGalley’s friendly support team can help you, too!
- Receive invitations from publishers to access a title immediately, as well as a complimentary monthly newsletter just for librarians featuring new titles.
- Be auto-approved by publishers for instant access for all their titles, so you won’t need to wait for your request to be approved!
- Use NetGalley to submit your feedback privately to publishers (such as comments on the title itself, if you will be purchasing a title, or if the title will be used in special programs.)
- Nominate titles for the monthly LibraryReads list (US), right from your NetGalley account!
Also, librarians who are members of the American Library Association (ALA) can add their ALA numbers to their NetGalley profile. (Add your ALA number today!)
The MLA’s were created to recognize the top products in the library industry in a truly unbiased format. Products were submitted in the fall using a simple application, and then were posted on a private site with an enhanced description and attendant materials. These products were batched into small groups and sent to the LibraryWorks database of more than 80,000 librarians at public, K-12, academic, and special libraries. Only customers with experience with these products in their facilities were permitted to judge the products, resulting in a truly unbiased score. Click here to view all of the award honorees!
LibraryWorks helps administrators to make informed decisions about library technology, automation and software, collection development and management, facilities and furnishings, staffing, purchasing, and other areas that drive effective strategic planning and day-to-day operations. Our family of resources can enable you to identify best practices, monitor trends, evaluate new products and services, apply for grants and funding, post or find a job, and even enjoy some library humor.
About the Modern Library Awards program
Modern Library Awards (MLAs), a product-review program designed to recognize elite products in the market which can help library management personnel enhance the quality-of-experience for the library user and increase the performance of their library systems.