NetGalley/Bookish Seeking Full-Time Online Content & Social Media Associate
Are you passionate about helping books, authors, and publishers succeed in the marketplace? Do you love interacting with a community of avid readers and book industry professionals? NetGalley is looking for a full-time Online Content & Social Media Associate to work across the NetGalley and Bookish brands. This position includes implementing social media marketing and advertising plans, producing online content via a WordPress platform, as well as assisting with administrative tasks and scheduling for the NetGalley.com and Bookish.com websites.
The NetGalley & Bookish team works remotely from 9am-5pm Eastern time. This employee will need to be located in the US with a home office and be able to work collaboratively and effectively in an independent setting with virtual communication. There will be occasional travel opportunities.
- 2+ years of professional experience in editorial/marketing/publicity/digital content, especially related to books.
- Expertise with social media platforms, including strong instincts and keen understanding of how best to engage with community.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience creating appealing visuals for online content and social posts.
- Demonstrates strong customer service social skills such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
Attributes of Ideal Candidate:
- Enthusiastic and professional.
- Extremely organized and highly detail-oriented.
- Adept at prioritization, juggling multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- A team-player above all else.
- Familiarity with the NetGalley & Bookish sites and concepts.
- Publishing or other book-industry background or education.
- Have a knack for creating public-facing content and be comfortable representing the company’s voice and values online and potentially in-person.
Desired Experience or Willingness to Learn:
- Basic technical skills (HTML and any design experience a plus).
- Functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Understanding of the principles of SEO, including keyword research and Google Analytics.
How to Apply:
Please use this online form to submit your cover letter and resume. Please demonstrate creativity and documented immersion in social media by providing links. We look forward to hearing from you!