NetGalley/Bookish Seeking Full-Time Online Content & Social Media Associate
No longer accepting applications
Are you passionate about helping books, authors, and publishers succeed in the marketplace? Do you love interacting with a community of avid readers and book industry professionals? NetGalley is looking for a full-time Online Content & Social Media Associate to work across the NetGalley and Bookish brands. This position includes implementing social media marketing and advertising plans, producing online content via a WordPress platform, as well as assisting with administrative tasks and scheduling for the NetGalley.com and Bookish.com websites.
The NetGalley & Bookish team works remotely from 9am-5pm Eastern time. This employee will need to be located in the US with a home office and be able to work collaboratively and effectively in an independent setting with virtual communication. There will be occasional travel opportunities.
- 2+ years of professional experience in editorial/marketing/publicity/digital content, especially related to books.
- Expertise with social media platforms, including strong instincts and keen understanding of how best to engage with community.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience creating appealing visuals for online content and social posts.
- Demonstrates strong customer service social skills such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
Attributes of Ideal Candidate:
- Enthusiastic and professional.
- Extremely organized and highly detail-oriented.
- Adept at prioritization, juggling multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- A team-player above all else.
- Familiarity with the NetGalley & Bookish sites and concepts.
- Publishing or other book-industry background or education.
- Have a knack for creating public-facing content and be comfortable representing the company’s voice and values online and potentially in-person.
Desired Experience or Willingness to Learn:
- Basic technical skills (HTML and any design experience a plus).
- Functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Understanding of the principles of SEO, including keyword research and Google Analytics.