NetGalley/Bookish Seeking Full-Time Social Media & Administrative Assistant
Are you passionate about helping books, authors, and publishers succeed in the marketplace? Do you love interacting with a community of avid readers and book industry professionals? NetGalley is looking for a full-time Social Media & Administrative Assistant to work across the NetGalley, Bookish, and BookishFirst brands. This position includes implementing social media marketing and advertising plans, producing online content via a WordPress platform, as well as assisting with administrative tasks and scheduling for the NetGalley.com and Bookish.com websites.
The NetGalley & Bookish team works remotely from 9am-5pm Eastern time. This employee will need to be located in the US with a home office and be able to work collaboratively and effectively in an independent setting with virtual communication. There will be occasional travel opportunities.
- 1-2+ years of experience in social media/marketing/publicity/digital content, especially related to books.
- Expertise in utilizing social media platforms to promote content, including strong instincts and a keen understanding of how best to engage with communities.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience creating appealing visuals for online content and social posts.
- Strong customer service social skills such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Familiarity with the NetGalley & Bookish & BookishFirst sites and concepts.
- Publishing or other book-industry background or education (including internships).
Attributes of Ideal Candidate:
- Enthusiastic and professional.
- Extremely organized and highly detail-oriented.
- Adept at prioritization, juggling multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- Comfortable with technology and online platforms (HTML and any design experience a plus).
- Have a knack for creating public-facing content and be comfortable representing the company’s voice and values online and potentially in-person.
- Enjoys diving into statistics and drawing conclusions to satisfy a curiosity about the effectiveness of social media campaigns and content.
- A team-player above all else.
Desired Experience or Willingness to Learn:
- Functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress and MailChimp or similar ESP.
- Understanding of the principles of SEO, including keyword research and Google Analytics.
Please use this form to apply, and submit your cover letter and resume.